You set out to prove that a woman’s ability to do something is not dependent on her gender and succeeded in getting 40,000 people vote simply because she was a woman…
That doesn’t seem right for some reason. Can’t put my finger on why. Maybe it’s because most of you couldn’t even remember her…
1) Rose is a woman of colour from a particularly oppressed minority group in Malaysia.
2) I am a woman of colour, and from the same minority group.
3) I’ve been called every nasty name under the sun for exhibiting “male behaviour” that - were I male - would result in the exact opposite (i.e. I’d be called “straight-talking” and “solid” instead of “nagging Indian bitch” “shrill feminazi”).
4) QED, it’s personal, brah. My voting for Rose is pretty fucking personal.
5) If your friend can’t take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Internet competitions are run on popularity/sentiment. He knew that.
6) What I will do is message your friend on Facebook and tell him that now because his bestie has insulted people on Tumblr for voting for a woman, even more people are going to do so.
7) In conclusion, thanks, dude! You’ve helped Rose out massively. Beribu-ribu tahniah.